Website operating costs

Replied by Airportable on topic Website operating costs

Posted 3 weeks 12 hours ago #208623
i i you seem well tooled up with Apple products, mind you you’re closer to China than us Pom’s so the inroads for high market share goes without saying.
Have you peeled the Apple stickers off to see which counterfeiters products you actually have.
I suppose the Chinese community bring bags full of them when they return from their homelands, along with all manner of contraband.
M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Cobber on topic Website operating costs

Posted 3 weeks 10 hours ago #208626
Nah the Chinese keep trying to unload their domestic brand Hwawi onto us in the hope that they can use the hidden spyware to hack the shit outta us. Our government wasn't having any of it, as they suspected that the network technology would be used to spy and even crash our systems with malicious intent any time the Chinese Comunist Party felt like it.  Well that started a trade war, the Chinese government thew a massive tanty and started using bull shit excuses to refuse trade, hike up tariffs and generally acting like little kids spitting the dummy and throwing all of the toys outta the pram.
Companies that are Chinese have to do what the party demands it is a legal requirement but overseas companies, that make stuff there have a little more wriggle room The Chinese government knows that these companies can just shut up shop and go elsewhere for cheap manufacturing, the likes of India, Thailand,  Malaysia  Indonesia and Vietnam will be more than happy to steal the bossiness from China if they get too pushy. In fact quickly rising labour costs are quickly eroding any competitive edge tha China may have had.

Although the Chinese do make an awful lot of shoddy rubbish, they are also quite capable of high quality, a lot of western companies make stuff there, but they have their own people in charge of quality control so german companies like Mercedes Benz and Bosch will have some poor German bloke on the verge of a nervous breakdown spending his days shouting NEIN! NEIN! over there to maintain quality control.

I'm sure that Apple have much the same as I can't fault the quality of the products, I did venture away from Apple to a Scamscum phone, I hated the flimsy POS before I got it out of the box it didn't last long before the battery had swollen so much the phone split, I went back to apple seeking forgiveness. There have been the usual never ending rollcall of other phone brands Phillips, Nokia, Siemens and others I've long forgotten etc most of which ended up taking flying lessons, they all managed to fly well but just couldn't seen to master the landing bit all that well.

I used to use Toshiba laptops when they were a thing with various regrettable excursions into rubbish from Compaq and Dell. Hada a good run outta a HP even though it felt flimsy enough to fall to bits at any moment it held together and never gave me any grief and had Acer and Asus laptops that felt well made and didn't shit themselves often the only problem was the Windows OS, so named because it is a pain and easily broken, using a Linux based OS they seemed to work well enough.
I use the fruity products because they are well made and all play nicely together, they just mesh in together like the gears in a Hollinger gearbox.
I find my life calmer as less stressful without a world of IT pain and suffering caused by tryin to get brand X to try and work with brand Y and brand Z that steadfastly refuses to have anything to do with either of them.
So these days I tend to stay in the Fruity-verse.
I don't want to be a slave to technology......I much prefer it serve me, after all I am the master of the machine and it should bloody well just do what it is told!

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last Edit:3 weeks 10 hours ago by Cobber
Last edit: 3 weeks 10 hours ago by Cobber.

Replied by Airportable on topic Website operating costs

Posted 3 weeks 8 hours ago #208629
That’s a fair assessment, Apple & HP have given good service & apart from a Singsong whose battery played the same stunt as yours. All is now stable & under reasonable control.
Apart from my inability to post pictures properly but that a brainware problem, possibly softbrain, or hardworn out.
M

Replied by Cobber on topic Website operating costs

Posted 3 weeks 7 hours ago #208631

That’s a fair assessment, Apple & HP have given good service & apart from a Singsong whose battery played the same stunt as yours. All is now stable & under reasonable control.
Apart from my inability to post pictures properly but that a brainware problem, possibly softbrain, or hardworn out.
M

You can tell I'm back at work doing the night shift, waiting for something to shit itself so I've got something to do.........I have time to think and compose long winded posts about buggerall!

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

by Cobber

Time to create page: 0.674 seconds