Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 12 years 2 hours ago #50411

Up around the 300 mark now and I'm getting several entries on a daily basis. If anyone wants to take me up on my offer, then I am serious...Whoever buys the most tickets (10 or more) will get a cheque back for £250, the only rule is that the entries must all be in the same name and address, so if someone wants to get a syndicate up and have 10 entries at £200 and no one else takes me up on the offer, then they will make £50 profit! Gotta be worth a go?

I misunderstood your rules, i have drafted an email that will go to 260 of our club members saying that if we, as a club can buy as many tickets as possible (over 10) then we could win £250 for club funds. i was going to ask the individuals to let me know when they had bought so i could keep a tally, plus the ones already bought. the logistics of getting them in one name is impossible :bust:
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Newey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 11 months ago #54287

Well New No.1 (as we affectionately call her!) is getting ready for her trailer trip to MG Live! on the 23rd and 24th June 2012. I have three ladies coming down with me and reckon any remaining tickets will be sold over that weekend. Hope that the person who wins is there on the Sunday (cos I really wanna see the look on their face :)!). Anyway, if anyone else wants a go, or has a question, then give me a call on 01384 259555 (option 1). Many thanks to those that have already entered and hope to see you there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44

Re: WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 11 months ago #54290

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
I hope you are calling my name after the draw John, but if not I sincerely hope a T-Bar MGF/TF enthusiast wins No.1

Good luck everyone and if you're not in it you can't win it and the odds of winning in this draw are very substantially better than any lottery £10 win.

If you haven't entered the draw, have a go and remember £1000 from the proceeds of the competition will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support, so even if you don't win the car you have made a donation to a very worthy cause.

Have a great weekend John and thank you for giving us the opportunity to own this historic vehicle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Newey

Re: WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 11 months ago #54335

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I'm sure he will be calling your name.

He will be calling

Paul.....PAUL......step away from the car and give Clive his keys back or we'll call security. ;)

Re: WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 11 months ago #54479

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
:bust:

I've never won anything, except a T-Bar mug, perhaps I've used up my MG good luck on that.

Only a week to go, better make space on the drive

Good luck everyone
Attachments:

Re: WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 10 months ago #55476

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
No phone call from John :slapme:

So who did win No.1 of 500? Anyone we know?

Re: WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 10 months ago #55492

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Not sure it's been drawn yet. Hasn't finished selling the tickets yet.

Re: WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 10 months ago #55558

• Visitor
  • Visitor
The car was there, but as said, they need to sell more tickets :whistle:

Re: WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 10 months ago #55589

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Shall I buy a ticket now then

Re: WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 10 months ago #55595

Well, we haven't yet sold all of the 850 entries, so, having talked with the MG Car Club, we agreed that we would extend the draw date, so yes, if you were thinking of entering, but haven't yet done so, then do it soon. We're up around the 450 mark and though we had a very busy (and tiring!) couple of days at MG Live! we didn't manage to complete the task. As a gesture of good faith, I presented Macmillan Cancer Support with a cheque from Summit Garage for £1000 and because the conditions have changed, if anyone would like their entry refunded, then send me a SAE and I will gladly return their entry fee, however I hope that the entries will keep on coming in and I can get the draw done soon. Oh and all the previous offers still apply, so keep on selling!

Re: WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 10 months ago #55926

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
Surprised and a bit disappointed to hear that with so many MG enthusiasts you were unable to sell the remaining tickets. On the bright side, I can keep dreaming a little longer of the sight of the No.1 of 500 turning up outside my house :drive:

I always believed, and still do, that this is a no brainer ...£20 for a 1 in 850 chance of winning a very special MGTF, where on Earth do you get better odds than that of winning a historically significant MG?

Still as they say there's nowt as queer as folk :lol:

Good luck with selling the remaining tickets
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tsleight, John Newey

Re: WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 10 months ago #56351

I've noe processed all the entries and we're at 460 so far. Sorry I couldn't do the draw on the day, but it will defineately go ahead and at the current rate of sale should be later this year. I have multiple entrants who have at least 10 entries and if anyone else wants to take me up on the offer of a chance to win £250 for their MG Club OR individually, then keep the entries coming!
I'm currently redeveloping my website (well, not me personally-that would be a disaster :)!) and once that is up and running, along with new Facebook and Twitter accounts, then that should speed things up a touch!
Meanwhile, the telephone lines are still open-01384 259555 (option 4) and we would be glad to see your entries by phone, post, e-mail or in person. Thanks for all your support so far. Cheers

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT