Sign In   Register

Topic

WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 5 months ago #90329

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
That's correct Allan.

There are 850 tickets. A ticket cost £20 and all you have to do is to answer the question;

MG was first formed in 1924, but what do the letters MG stand for?
A.) Maurice Garage.
B.) Morris Garages.
C.) Morris Garage.

Send your answer, A, B or C and your name, address and contact telephone number along with a cheque for £20.00 to Summit Garage (Dudley) Ltd at 413-415, Himley Road, Lower Gornal, Dudley, DY3 2RA, OR ring on 01384 259555 option 4 and give your answer A, B or C and your name address and a contact telephone number and pay by debit or credit card.

£1000 from the proceeds of this competition have already been donated to Macmillan Cancer Support by John Newey.

It would be fantastic if a T-Bar member won this car, so come on ladies and gents, let's see if we can tip the odds in favour of a T-Bar owner for No.1 of 500. Not many times you get the chance to win a historically significant for £20.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 5 months ago #90630

Well, we're upto 550 entries so far and in answer to previous questions, we need 850 entries to complete the draw. We've just launched a new website www.summitgarage.co.uk and recently started on Facebook and Twitter. I'd like to thank everyone who has already entered the competition and to ask those who have not yet got round to it yet...get on the phone, 01384 259555 (option 4), email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., or by post to Summit Garage (Dudley) Ltd, 413-415, Himley Road, Lower Gornal, Dudley, DY3 2RA. I've donated £1000 to Macmillan Cancer Support as part of the proceeds and you are all welcome to have as many entries as you like. Cheers John Newey
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping

WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 5 months ago #90636

You may wish to check out dot org, theres a thread started today which has already reached 8 pages. Theres a lot of angry people concerned of the legitimacy of the competition and whether you will ever do the draw., this competition is ruining the reputation of your dealership, the MG community is very close knit and the kind of rumours and speculation being brandished around on dot org could do you irreparable damage........You need to set a date and stick to it, sooner rather than later.
If a jobs worth doing, it's worth overdoing
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping, Diesel Destroyer

WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 5 months ago #90642

:lol: Epic! for multiple reasons. :lol:

WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 5 months ago #90647

You may wish to check out dot org, theres a thread started today which has already reached 8 pages. Theres a lot of angry people concerned of the legitimacy of the competition and whether you will ever do the draw., this competition is ruining the reputation of your dealership, the MG community is very close knit and the kind of rumours and speculation being brandished around on dot org could do you irreparable damage........You need to set a date and stick to it, sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't say a lot of angry people... Just a couple of trolls that funnily enough have no posts until today... Just probably a regulary update or a hi type thing would keep the trolls at bay :D

WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 5 months ago #90650

Trolls or not, there are some significant points being made.

The raffle was originally to be held in June and was then inexplicably changed to a date in the future that even the organiser can't accurately predict.

What happens if the target is never reached?

What happens if the car is accidentally damaged / destroyed between now and the unpredictable future date?

WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 5 months ago #90651

Trolls or not, there are some significant points being made.

The raffle was originally to be held in June and was then inexplicably changed to a date in the future that even the organiser can't accurately predict.

What happens if the target is never reached?

What happens if the car is accidentally damaged / destroyed between now and the unpredictable future date?

Defo some significant points, but they were probably all made in the first 6-8 pages...

It would suck if you won it and it got destroyed on the way to you :(

WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 5 months ago #90652

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
I don't have a dog in this race as I decided not to buy a ticket due to the seemingly endless stretchy draw date. There is some ire being expressed on .org as has been stated. I have my opinions on this saga I must admit, but not being a ticket holder I'd best keep 'em to meself!
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 5 months ago #90653

Defo some significant points, but they were probably all made in the first 6-8 pages...

It would suck if you won it and it got destroyed on the way to you :(

:dry: Was that your 'good point' contribution there then Jay? :lol:

WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 5 months ago #90655

John, you can make your comments, we wont hold them against you. :tapfoot:

WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 5 months ago #90656

My impression of the F/TF community is that it's uniquely friendly, tight knit and a damn small world where people look out for each other.

Bearing this in mind and coupled with the bad publicity for the draw which was exacerbated by clumsy moderation on .Cult, who now will purchase the remaining 320 tickets and within what time frame.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons

WIN The First MG TF LE500 off the line! 11 years 5 months ago #90657

who now will purchase the remaining 320 tickets and within what time frame.

Just don't let Goldie buy one. She tends to win everything! :drive:

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT