Newbie from Morecambe

Replied by Speedg99 on topic Newbie from Morecambe

Posted 3 days 10 hours ago #208371
Update 
firstly, Notanumber thank you for the offer but id already ordered one from MGFNMGTFBITZ.

it arrived and I've fitted it. In the process I've found i can bend like a contortionist, ouch! 

When i plug in the horns and blip the alarm it doesn't go off any more result!

..... however still no horn off the steering wheel button still. Ive checked the coupler and i don't think I'm getting continuity through it. So I'll order one. 

in the process I've snapped off a tab from the tiny horn button mounted in the steering wheel which is a swine.

This little car is really testing me!!
I'm starting to think this car has had a life of issues as many bolt heads and screw heads are mashed up. Dodgy twisted wires etc. It's only been owned by my god parents who would not of touched a spanner, it makes me think a rough garage has done this. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Airportable on topic Newbie from Morecambe

Posted 3 days 9 hours ago #208372
Keep at it, your doing fine. Your car is going on for thirty years old & it is thus a survivor.
They aren’t the easiest car to work on & in certain cases the “less talented” spanner jockey was given the jobs, such was the paucity of respect our little cars engendered.
I know of a number of instances where this has happened with less respected cars & with absolutely certainty.
Legend has it that MG Rover had a part number for a pain reliever gel which was to be applied after certain jobs on our cars.
M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds