Black hardtop for sale

Replied by Leigh Ping on topic Re: Black hardtop for sale

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #85325

buster_mr_b wrote: Black mgf/tf hardtop, new black head lining, good condition, has a few small scratches but that's it.
Heated screen works fine. Ideal for those wet and cold days ahead.
£300
Pm if interested.

pendle lass wrote: whoa leigh........ spam come on thats harsh.

buster_mr_b wrote: It did come across as harsh, I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that.

If you'd said "Hello I sold a car to Jan and was invited here." Or perhaps made mention of your project in the quote below, things may have been slightly diffierent.

buster_mr_b wrote: Every little helps with the mg tf project. Just finished off the full 160 engine and brake conversion on my tf cool blue.

However, your initial post was purely about making a buck from this forum. That's fine by me. Although, I wouldn't say the offer was entirely appreciated for several reasons -

1. No discount was attached to the sale for T-Bar members.

2. No pics were available to view the superficially damaged item.

3. You're not an established 'known member'.

So, you then sold it on ebay for less than you offerred it for here. That's also fine. It's your call.

Now the complaints of being harsh give me pause to say that the truth is sometimes selectively taken as being 'harsh' because it's convenient to prevent further truths being uncovered.

Had you not complained about the harshness of my post then I'm sure we would never have suspected that you held the hardtop back from Jan during the car sale. I'm sure that we might never have known that you buy and sell for profit to further your 160 project.

buster_mr_b wrote: I brought it this morning after mine was collected. Will be putting it back on eBay later this week, lets see how much I can make on his one. :P

Again, no offer to the forum. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to offer the original hard top for sale here after all. Making a profit by buying and selling is fine, if that's what you do. But if we're just normal punters to make top dollar from, there's no real point offerring it for sale here.

There's the truth from this post. Or maybe I'm just being 'harsh' again? Welcome aboard. :)
Last Edit:11 years 10 months ago by Leigh Ping
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Leigh Ping.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!

Replied by bensewell on topic Re: Black hardtop for sale

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #85326

Softly~Softly wrote: if Ben does not, I might :yesnod:

As dragons den folk say I'm out go for it Jan

Replied by buster_mr_b on topic Re: Black hardtop for sale

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #85336

Softly~Softly wrote: Its not Bongo I can vouch for that, it's the guy I bought JAT off however it would have been nice to have been offered her original hardtop before selling it on :whistle:

I will also endorse Leigh's post and say if you wish to use this forum purely for trading you will pay traders rates or risk your posts being deleted ..

I invited you to the forum to discuss and enjoy talking cars, not to sell parts :spank:

I'm not trade just clearing my garage, never been on a forum like this before, so much hate.
Buy the way it's not JAT s hard top, never had one with it when I brought it

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!

Replied by bensewell on topic Re: Black hardtop for sale

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #85337
Sending some manlove haha

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #85338

Leigh Ping wrote:

buster_mr_b wrote: Black mgf/tf hardtop, new black head lining, good condition, has a few small scratches but that's it.
Heated screen works fine. Ideal for those wet and cold days ahead.
£300
Pm if interested.

pendle lass wrote: whoa leigh........ spam come on thats harsh.

buster_mr_b wrote: It did come across as harsh, I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that.

If you'd said "Hello I sold a car to Jan and was invited here." Or perhaps made mention of your project in the quote below, things may have been slightly diffierent.

buster_mr_b wrote: Every little helps with the mg tf project. Just finished off the full 160 engine and brake conversion on my tf cool blue.

However, your initial post was purely about making a buck from this forum. That's fine by me. Although, I wouldn't say the offer was entirely appreciated for several reasons -

1. No discount was attached to the sale for T-Bar members.

2. No pics were available to view the superficially damaged item.

3. You're not an established 'known member'.

So, you then sold it on ebay for less than you offerred it for here. That's also fine. It's your call.

Now the complaints of being harsh give me pause to say that the truth is sometimes selectively taken as being 'harsh' because it's convenient to prevent further truths being uncovered.

Had you not complained about the harshness of my post then I'm sure we would never have suspected that you held the hardtop back from Jan during the car sale. I'm sure that we might never have known that you buy and sell for profit to further your 160 project.

buster_mr_b wrote: I brought it this morning after mine was collected. Will be putting it back on eBay later this week, lets see how much I can make on his one. :P

Again, no offer to the forum. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to offer the original hard top for sale here after all. Making a profit by buying and selling is fine, if that's what you do. But if we're just normal punters to make top dollar from, there's no real point offerring it for sale here.

There's the truth from this post. Or maybe I'm just being 'harsh' again? Welcome aboard. :)

You really do have to much time on ur hands.
All the hate for selling a few items.

Replied by John and Sue on topic Re: Black hardtop for sale

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #85339
Its not hate, far from it, but irritation for the reasons outlined in previous threads.

It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #85349

buster_mr_b wrote: You really do have to much time on ur hands.

I can make time for some things over others and No, it's not hate at all. :dry:

These are just a few facts about the business you brought here. If you come here to do business with the members then it's only fair that we get 'all' the cards on the table. Sorry, if you don't love that I pointed out a few factual points. Initially you said that you were in no rush to sell the hardtop. Hours later you'd sold it for less than advertised here and it does seem that you stiffed Jan by not offerring it with the car sale.

But I can't hate you for that. :lol:

I moderate here. That doesn't mean that I just tell people they're being naughty for using the occasional swear word. To me it means that I also monitor the veracity of relative strangers who register and log in to sell their wares. Again, I hope you see some point in this. Other than emotional ones. ;)

I'm sure that most are regular people. However, we've had one or two that just aren't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #85354
well can everyone get over it and move on!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #85355

Leigh Ping wrote:

buster_mr_b wrote: You really do have to much time on ur hands.

I can make time for some things over others and No, it's not hate at all. :dry:

These are just a few facts about the business you brought here. If you come here to do business with the members then it's only fair that we get 'all' the cards on the table. Sorry, if you don't love that I pointed out a few factual points. Initially you said that you were in no rush to sell the hardtop. Hours later you'd sold it for less than advertised here and it does seem that you stiffed Jan by not offerring it with the car sale.

But I can't hate you for that. :lol:

I moderate here. That doesn't mean that I just tell people they're being naughty for using the occasional swear word. To me it means that I also monitor the veracity of relative strangers who register and log in to sell their wares. Again, I hope you see some point in this. Other than emotional ones. ;)

I'm sure that most are regular people. However, we've had one or two that just aren't.

Fair play.
The hard top was never on or for Jans mgf. the car was not advertised with it.

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #85356

buster_mr_b wrote: well can everyone get over it and move on!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant:

Of course... Why don't you tell us about your 160 project? We like pics best. :)

Sorry that it's been a bit of a 'baptism by fire' for you. Look on the bright side though. You're now the ex owner of one of the most famous MG hardtops in the country. :lol:
Last Edit:11 years 10 months ago by Leigh Ping
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Leigh Ping.

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

Replied by psymon on topic Re: Black hardtop for sale

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #85363
Here's a snipped from our rules

THE `Classifieds / For Sale` SECTION

The `Classifieds` section of the the-t-bar.com is for private sellers offering the sale of individual items. It is NOT for any person, company or business of any size or type (including salvage yards and used parts companies) to sell merchandise of any retail nature or to make a profit. Any company attempting to sell multiple quantities of items or in a retail nature without being a paying advertiser of this site is subject to being billed. As a prerequisite to post in the 'Classifieds' section, new members must have one month (30 days) or 30 posts with the forum prior to selling. If your profile does not meet this criteria, the post will be closed and or removed.

We are fairly relaxed here and don't impose our rules that often, However when a new member signs up and creates numerous for sale threads this i feel is pushing being fair on everybody else
by psymon

Posted 11 years 10 months ago #85369

Psymon wrote: Here's a snipped from our rules

THE `Classifieds / For Sale` SECTION

The `Classifieds` section of the the-t-bar.com is for private sellers offering the sale of individual items. It is NOT for any person, company or business of any size or type (including salvage yards and used parts companies) to sell merchandise of any retail nature or to make a profit. Any company attempting to sell multiple quantities of items or in a retail nature without being a paying advertiser of this site is subject to being billed. As a prerequisite to post in the 'Classifieds' section, new members must have one month (30 days) or 30 posts with the forum prior to selling. If your profile does not meet this criteria, the post will be closed and or removed.

We are fairly relaxed here and don't impose our rules that often, However when a new member signs up and creates numerous for sale threads this i feel is pushing being fair on everybody else

So now i no thats fine, my mistake. Sorry to all parties.

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds