Rare New Genuine MG 2 Pot AP Red Brake Calipers

Replied by GT MG SPARES LTD on topic Rare New Genuine MG 2 Pot AP Red Brake Calipers

Posted 10 years 3 months ago #145088
Two pot AP calipers i still have on shelf.I heard on the grapevine somebody trying to get these to work for the rear.

Last Edit:10 years 3 months ago by GT MG SPARES LTD
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Rare New Genuine MG 2 Pot AP Red Brake Calipers

Posted 10 years 3 months ago #145089
Shame they didn't put a handbrake mechanism on them.

David
:shrug:

Replied by GT MG SPARES LTD on topic Rare New Genuine MG 2 Pot AP Red Brake Calipers

Posted 10 years 3 months ago #145090
Its not behind the realms of a respected engineer Mike Satur for example to get these to work.

Posted 10 years 3 months ago #145091
These pictures should help a few of the myths surrounding two pots fitting or not.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mogatrons, Badger

Replied by Badger on topic Rare New Genuine MG 2 Pot AP Red Brake Calipers

Posted 10 years 3 months ago #145184

GT MG SPARES LTD wrote: Incidentally, did the later NAC models use 2 or 4 pots? ...

The image below shows the 2009 LE 500 with V spoke alloys, these are the same original wheels as fitted to my 2005 TF; but they are 15" rims so the 4 potters should not fit!
Maybe some LE's had smaller discs with the AP 2 potters "strange"

[/quote]

That is not a LE500 it is one of the 906 MGTFS built BY NAC including five hundred LE500 Models fifty 85th anniversary models etc.[/quote]

The car above is for sale on the Motors website listed as a 2009 LE500, it also says it's fitted with the 16" 11 spoke alloys (obviously not)

Had a look for the 16" V spokes but can only see the 15" versions; were thay manufacturerd in16"?
by Badger

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Replied by cjj on topic Rare New Genuine MG 2 Pot AP Red Brake Calipers

Posted 10 years 3 months ago #145185

GT MG SPARES LTD wrote: These fit directly to a mgf or tf hub without modification i fitted a pair of brand new two pots on one of my mgfs pictured below about two years ago with 304mm discs.My verdict useless and quickly fitted the 4 pots back.

Attachment not found

Maybe if you had fitted them the right way up........ ;)
by cjj

Posted 10 years 3 months ago #145192

Maybe if you had fitted them the right way up........ ;)

As shown in the 4 pictures when fitted to the hub removed from car.
The caliper is not fitted,the angle of caliper shows this. If you look at bottom of picture on right the other hand is on floor.The caliper as been slid over disc for illustration purposes if i remember correctly for a customer in Greece.,the nipple at bottom was irrelevant.This was taken a few years ago had no idea at this time i would end up posting it on a forum,and did think the other day when posted how long before somebody scores a brownie point by pointing it out..
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by David Aiketgate.

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Posted 10 years 3 months ago #145196
It was only a light hearted post, but I want my brownie point. :yesnod:

It is worth pointing out though as people sometimes refer to pics on the forum when fitting things to their car and I have seen a couple of times where someone has fitted their new AP 4 pots upside down.
by cjj

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Rare New Genuine MG 2 Pot AP Red Brake Calipers

Posted 10 years 3 months ago #145197
:lol:

David

Posted 10 years 3 months ago #145200

Badger wrote:

GT MG SPARES LTD wrote: Incidentally, did the later NAC models use 2 or 4 pots? ...

The image below shows the 2009 LE 500 with V spoke alloys, these are the same original wheels as fitted to my 2005 TF; but they are 15" rims so the 4 potters should not fit!
Maybe some LE's had smaller discs with the AP 2 potters "strange"

That is not a LE500 it is one of the 906 MGTFS built BY NAC including five hundred LE500 Models fifty 85th anniversary models etc.

The car above is for sale on the Motors website listed as a 2009 LE500, it also says it's fitted with the 16" 11 spoke alloys (obviously not)

Had a look for the 16" V spokes but can only see the 15" versions; were thay manufacturerd in16"?

They are deffo 16" wheels, Brian/GT MG.SPARES :yesnod:

David

Last Edit:10 years 3 months ago by David Aiketgate
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by David Aiketgate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Badger

Posted 10 years 3 months ago #145203
Ok i will remove the picture of the caliper (slid over disk) and prior to saturday the other posts seemed unsure whether these fitted so initially was just trying to clear that up.
I see lots of posts on here with things i could needle about,but refrain from trying to be a smart bum.

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

Posted 10 years 3 months ago #145216
No need to remove anything. :nonod:

I posted with a sense of humour, I even put a smiley on to hopefully remove any confusion.

Not sure there is any need to take things so seriously, but I do apologise if I have upset you.
by cjj

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds