v8 engine & box. Nothing to do with F / TF

v8 engine & box. Nothing to do with F / TF was created by Notanumber

Posted 3 months 6 days ago #207319
Nothing to do with MGFs and TFs but I'm looking to sell a 3.5 V8 from a Rover V8 and a Lt77 gearbox cheaply. Strictly buyer collects.
I got it years ago with a view to doing a v8 conversion to my MGB project car but plans changed and I'd rather have the space back.
If you know anyone who may be interested the rule is the less hassle to me and the quicker it goes, the cheaper they can have it.

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Airportable on topic v8 engine & box. Nothing to do with F / TF

Posted 3 months 6 days ago #207320
Hum, we’ve just dropped a 200tdi in an S3 109, a 3.5 would have been nice but you’re a long way for an old gezzer to drive down in the only suitable vehicle that would take such an oily lump; that is another 109 which is not a nice ride at any speed over 45mph. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

Replied by Cobber on topic v8 engine & box. Nothing to do with F / TF

Posted 3 months 6 days ago #207322

Airportable wrote: Hum, we’ve just dropped a 200tdi in an S3 109, a 3.5 would have been nice but you’re a long way for an old gezzer to drive down in the only suitable vehicle that would take such an oily lump; that is another 109 which is not a nice ride at any speed over 45mph. 

Nah they drive better at 80!
C'mon there is nowhere too far away in such a tiny place as the UK, we drive further to get to the chemist!

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last Edit:3 months 6 days ago by Cobber
Last edit: 3 months 6 days ago by Cobber.

Replied by Cobber on topic v8 engine & box. Nothing to do with F / TF

Posted 3 months 6 days ago #207323

Notanumber wrote: Nothing to do with MGFs and TFs but I'm looking to sell a 3.5 V8 from a Rover V8 and a Lt77 gearbox cheaply. Strictly buyer collects.
I got it years ago with a view to doing a v8 conversion to my MGB project car but plans changed and I'd rather have the space back.
If you know anyone who may be interested the rule is the less hassle to me and the quicker it goes, the cheaper they can have it.

I'd put my hand up...but for the fact that you're on the wrong side of the planet!

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

by Cobber

Replied by MGB281 on topic v8 engine & box. Nothing to do with F / TF

Posted 3 months 6 days ago #207324
It’s not for me either but the LT77 is quite a valuable item. Don’t sell it too cheaply. If the 3.5 has the correct sump flywheel pulleys etc it is also worth a few shillings.  Since the demise of the SD1 those parts are gradually becoming extinct. 
by MGB281

Replied by Airportable on topic v8 engine & box. Nothing to do with F / TF

Posted 3 months 6 days ago #207326
They do ride better than an shorty but our example has had an engine transplant, which gives it remarkable grunt, but as it’s original recipient was a dump truck, refinement wasn’t high on the agenda. Along with attending to heavy landings at an air strip, it had a fire pump on its PTO.
M

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds