Winter is coming!

Winter is coming! was created by R40MGF

Posted 4 days 15 hours ago #208378
On Sunday we had our 1st non start after the rebuild.

We were at a local shopping centre and when came back to the car the driver door was slightly open and the foot well light had been on for a couple of hours, yep ..flat battery resulting in us pushing  R40 around the car park.
It got me thinking 

The colder weather recently has probably been a factor and the battery needs replacing, so what other jobs should be done before the bad weather really comes?

1st on the list is a new batter, obviously. 
2nd was wiper blades and I have replaced the wiper motor. 
3rd is to put a protective spray on the under floor to prevent any damage from road salt.( suggestions would be welcome but I'm thinking about trying lanogaurd)
4th is to finally get around to fitting a low coolant sensor..
5th would be to reproof the roof and polish the rear screen.
6th is just general everyday checking, tyres, brakes, lights etc.
I'm on the look out for a hard top if the budget allows 
If anyone wants to add to the list please do. 

by R40MGF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by generous_dad on topic Winter is coming!

Posted 4 days 13 hours ago #208379
Swap out the footwell bulbs for LEDs? Cheap.

Replied by Airportable on topic Winter is coming!

Posted 3 days 23 hours ago #208387
That’s a grand list & there’s little to add from your high point of the rebuild, however I would place the low coolant alarm at the top.
These days you can buy a quite cleaver battery tester for under twenty quid off eBay. These can accurately assess a battery’s condition & with having an “occasional car” & with me more than one. I’ve saved by taking a battery out of service for a full conditioning, when having done an assessment have found a sound battery hiding in a “duffer”.
Everyone wants a hard top, it goes with the set & if bought we’ll that’s fair enough, but where does it go in summer & they can be a right fag putting it on & taking it off.
I had more pleasure designing & making a hoist to lift the bloody thing on & off than I ever had out of driving with it on
M

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Winter is coming!

Posted 3 days 21 hours ago #208390
Windscreen washer service How to
with bonus heated washer trick.

David
:shrug:

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI

Replied by Cobber on topic Winter is coming!

Posted 3 days 20 hours ago #208394
I concur with my learned colleague, the #1 priority without a shadow of doubt, must be the low water alarm!
You are hereby sentenced to fit your low water alarm at the earliest opportunity and then to be put on a 12 month bad behavior bond requiring you to hoon about in your MG and in doing so annoy the neighbors as much as hoonanly possible!

I'm on a roll today this makes two new words I've coined today  "Hoonanly" to drive with the characteristic manner of a hoon .....and the other new word (used elsewhere) is "Scrotesque" to resemble a wrinkly old ball bag  you're probably rolling you eyes and thinking here he goes again....this bloke is the Bard of Bullshit.... I don't blame you! Oh shit there's the perfect new nickname for a old mate of mine "the Bard of Bullshit" describes him to a 'T'
I better go before I drown you poor bastards in verbal diarrhoea

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

by Cobber

Replied by R40MGF on topic Winter is coming!

Posted 2 days 11 hours ago #208407
We have ordered a coolant alarm and it's top of my to-do list. 
Thanks for the advice about the washers, it looks like a very good idea 💡 👍 

Time to get hooning. 
by R40MGF

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds