Upating Pscan # how to?

Updating Pscan # how to? was created by Delbourt

Posted 1 month 4 weeks ago #207591
I would like to keep my Pscan up to date. I have my Pscan working on two devices (one is an old Windows XP, and the other a Windows 10 notebook style of PC).
Please excuse the ignorance but can someone please tell me how I establish which software version I have in each device and if there is an update available?
Then if there is an update available how do I arrange for that update to take place please?

I think I saw a post relating to this a few days ago but can't seem to find that now and the only reference I can see is one that suggests it is over 12 months old.
Last Edit:1 month 3 weeks ago by Delbourt
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by David Aiketgate. Reason: Sp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Notanumber on topic Upating Pscan # how to?

Posted 1 month 4 weeks ago #207594
It could be worth repeating this in the PSCAN sub forum to get a quicker answer https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/pscan-uk-diagnostic-tool-forum   As far as I can see the current version is 0438.  
Id think the easiest thing would be to download and install it, allowing it to overwrite whatever older version may be on your PC.

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Replied by Roverlike on topic Upating Pscan # how to?

Posted 1 month 4 weeks ago #207595
The only thing you need to do is to connect your device (PC, notebook, ...) to Internet and run pscan. It will update itself if there is newer version that you have.
Which versuon you have is written on top of the window where is written www.pscan.uk and following is version number.
Last Edit:1 month 4 weeks ago by Roverlike
Last edit: 1 month 4 weeks ago by Roverlike.

Replied by Delbourt on topic Upating Pscan # how to?

Posted 1 month 4 weeks ago #207598
Thank you for that advice.
I have attempted to do that and the top banner of the pscan window shows 0438. Would that be the relevant version number and if so can you tell me if that is the latest version as far as you are aware?

Replied by Roverlike on topic Upating Pscan # how to?

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207600

Thank you for that advice.
I have attempted to do that and the top banner of the pscan window shows 0438. Would that be the relevant version number and if so can you tell me if that is the latest version as far as you are aware?

Yes that is the relevant version number (0438) and that is the latest version in accordance to PScan creator.

Replied by Delbourt on topic Upating Pscan # how to?

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207602
Thank you for confirming that, very reassuring. I’ll now try and become more familiar with its capabilities.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Upating Pscan # how to?

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207603
Moved to appropriate section.

David
:shrug:

Replied by pscan.uk on topic Upating Pscan # how to?

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #207644
if you subscribe to this topic  https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/pscan-uk-diagnostic-tool-forum/96366-latest-software-update  you will get a notification whenever there is an update

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds