Vented Bonnet

Vented Bonnet was created by Simonnicholson

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #207738
Hi
I want to get hold of an RPS vented bonnet and the ducting kit, or something similar.  As RPS have now stopped trading does anyone know where I can get something similar?

I am planning to use my TF on track days and finding the front is a bit light so hoping this will help.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Notanumber on topic Vented Bonnet

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #207744
Its worth trying Anglia Composites who manufactured some of the fiberglass parts for RPS.

Dont just leave this as a one post wonder to ask a question though. Tell us about your TF. Did you buy it to race or mainly for road use ?

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Replied by judiths handyman on topic Vented Bonnet

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #207745
In ignorance I wondered if a spoiler on the front would have the same downforce effect?
 https://www.mgocspares.co.uk/parts/1_3_977_1128_1133_2873/front-spoilers 

Last Edit:1 month 2 weeks ago by judiths handyman
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by judiths handyman. Reason: eats shoots and leaves

Replied by Simonnicholson on topic Vented Bonnet

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #207751
Yes sure. Mine’s a 2004 TF160 running a 4-2-1 with Piper induction. Will shortly have a remap.

I’m going to use it on the road and also track days. I’ve done many years of racing however my back has suffered which has forced me to retire from that.

I thought a TF on track days might be a fun hobby without quite the same stresses and strains.

Replied by MGB281 on topic Vented Bonnet

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #207754
The question about RPS mouldings comes up occasionally on another forum (mainly USA MGB owners) that notanumber and I visit on a regular basis. From what I gather Anglia Composites we’re going to take over the sales and marketing of the RPS business but it seems the deal fell through. I think that Generation Glassfibre might make a moulding to fit into a steel bonnet. On another forum some months ago there was to be a short production run of vented bonnets, the trouble is that I don’t remember which forum, maybe PistonHeads.  
by MGB281
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simonnicholson

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds