Upcoming how tos and tips

• Cobber
  • Offline Topic Author
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI

Upcoming how tos and tips was created by Cobber

Posted 18 hours 10 minutes ago #208533
My car has sat idle for well over 12 mths due to the house move and my heart attack, the poor car has been needing quite a bit of work and hasn't been a runner.
Now that I'm feeling a lot better, and I am able to get some shit done.......shit is going to get done!
I'm engaging in a major maintenance and  improvement campaign and I should take some happy snaps and even some videos along the way (depending upon the avalibility of glamorous assistants to do the camera work at the time of doing the job in question and due to the cramped nature of our cars,with a lack of space, it just may not be possible to take satisfactory pix or vids )
Now a lot of these tasks have already been covered by others in the how tos section and I'll probably only bother if I have an alternative method or to display the use of the right tools for the job.
There will be clutch replacement, fuel pump replacement, hydragas sphere refurbishment,  seat replacement, timing belt replacement, soft top recovering and bigger brake upgrades to name just a few.

The first tip is here:
https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/54-how-tos/99171-engine-cover-removal-those-3-screws-at-the-front

My Auto electrician mate Simon will help out with some of these tasks, and whoever else I can rope in.......I can hear mates scurrying off in all directions to go and try to hide!

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last Edit:18 hours 6 minutes ago by Cobber
Last edit: 18 hours 6 minutes ago by Cobber.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neilpinleeds, Notanumber

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Upcoming how tos and tips

Posted 13 hours 53 minutes ago #208546
Also check the original how to still has its photos! Any alternate photos you produce can be inserted after the fact [as the actress said to the bishop!]🤣.

We, unfortunately lost a lot of the original pics as they were hosted on another (formerly free) photo site that went tits up!😡

Personally, I lost heaps of photos when a  laptop hard drive died in an epic and final manner! I am no longer willing to crawl about under cars with a camera to reproduce all the lost pics; or as able, frankly, as I had my own little heart related fun last year.
 I went to the doc with self diagnosed possible angina. Obviously I am way better at diagnosing car issues than medical issues as l ended up being whisked into hospital, where I spent best part of a month, and came out with a new aortic heart valve and a triple bypass.
Big lesson there, if you suspect something is not quite right, get to the doctors ASAP, and get checked out!😱

David
:shrug:

Replied by Notanumber on topic Upcoming how tos and tips

Posted 13 hours 35 minutes ago #208551
The How Tos are an excellent resource which should set the bar for other forums to follow. It's great that Cobber will be adding to this superb resource.

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Replied by Airportable on topic Upcoming how tos and tips

Posted 13 hours 34 minutes ago #208552
Interesting, I’ve an alarm clock in my chest which keeps an eye on the big muscle. It goes off once in a while when I’ve spent a day in & out of the pit!
It also spent a while in panic mode when I inadvertently connected myself to the mains.
M

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds