MG Quiz

Replied by Mr Forgetful on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #43927

Gadget2466 wrote:

bryan young wrote: THE MISSING ANSWER TO QUESTION FOUR IS :- A R$£%%&? B@$£+ fitted to the R*&$ W?() &%£ :yesnod:

can be found on wiki!!

:woohoo:

That must be:- [....A roller blind was fitted to the rear window as an anti-glare mechanism....] but Wiki does not elaborate that his was for the Export market only, unless Tsleight is being crafty aagain and it was ALSO fitted to domestic market too!!!!!

I love the fact that Our BRIAN hurts!!! ( See Mr Young's post)

Gary - I think Bryan is £$&**"<>? but I would like to know before I do any posting what the $£%^&^** the answer is.

BRYAN PLEASE, PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE :bang:

I may be old but I’m not senile:-
It’s just that I can’t remember whether it’s Alzheimer’s or Amnesia

The topic has been locked.

Replied by Tsleight on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #43943
Apparently it was an "oil bath air filter"

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/imgytr/trivia1.shtml

All yours Mr F!

[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

The following user(s) said Thank You: rog1963

Replied by Gadget2466 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #43948

Tsleight wrote: Apparently it was an "oil bath air filter"

All yours Mr F!

AAARRRGGHHH!!!! I was on that site more times than I can count for this question and never found the trivia page!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :rant:

Great set of questions Tsleight - Thank you.

Look out Brian - Mr F's question is coming..............

Turned to the Darkside, K&N Apollo and extra bling fitted.52mm TB

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #43958

Tsleight wrote: Apparently it was an "oil bath air filter"

All yours Mr F!

I found the website and read everthing under the sun but NEVER found that £$%^&***++ quiz!!

Thanks Tsleight that really bugged me. ANYWAY the next question is:-

Please identify with just a little detail please. Thank you :evil:

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #43964
Wow, an answer I have hopefully found quickly,

Is this a MG Mini ADO34?
a little detail:

Active between 1960 and 1964, ADO34 was a project to develop a Mini-based roadster, which would logically have replaced the MG Midget and Austin-Healey Sprite. Different versions were put forward by Austin at Longbridge and MG at Abingdon, while a coupé version (ADO35) was also developed, along with Austin-Healey versions of each car (ADO36).

ADO34 used Mini subframes and Mini Cooper 'S' mechanicals. The body was styled in Italy by Pininfarina. Regrettably the car was never put into production.

You'll find one at Gaydon.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Forgetful

Replied by rog1963 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #43967
Just pipped me there Gadget :( Recognised it from a book I'm reading and typed it into google and was led straight to the pic Mr F used KWD 348D ;)
by rog1963
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Forgetful

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #43971
And they say I am convoluted :nonod:

Well done Garry & Rog as well, yes KWD 348D - I had thought it might last a little longer but great going guys.

Over to you Gary I'll have a look tomorrow when I get back from golf. :broon:

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #44003

Mr Forgetful wrote:

Gadget2466 wrote:

bryan young wrote: THE MISSING ANSWER TO QUESTION FOUR IS :- A R$£%%&? B@$£+ fitted to the R*&$ W?() &%£ :yesnod:

can be found on wiki!!

:woohoo:

That must be:- [....A roller blind was fitted to the rear window as an anti-glare mechanism....] but Wiki does not elaborate that his was for the Export market only, unless Tsleight is being crafty aagain and it was ALSO fitted to domestic market too!!!!!

I love the fact that Our BRIAN hurts!!! ( See Mr Young's post)

Gary - I think Bryan is £$&**"<>? but I would like to know before I do any posting what the $£%^&^** the answer is.

BRYAN PLEASE, PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE :bang:

As far as i could see the ROLLER BLIND fitted to the REAR WINDOW was only put on "Export" Y types.

Pleased you noticed that my Brian was hurting, I had a name plate on my office door that said BRAIN YOUNG and it was six months before anyone noticed :slapme:

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #44050
Brian Wrote.... "As far as i could see the ROLLER BLIND fitted to the REAR WINDOW was only put on "Export" Y types.

Pleased you noticed that my Brian was hurting, I had a name plate on my office door that said BRAIN YOUNG and it was six months before anyone noticed

It won't be long before it should read Brain Young - but Body passed it :bust: :bust: :bust: :P

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #44051
Next Quiz Question will be posted later this evening - been out all day and now off to a party with the girls....

However, if you can't wait that long I'll understand if someone wishes to post - If there are any new blood browsing this magnificent quiz, go a head and post a question, if no-one new has done so by the time I get back, I'll put mine up.

Thanks
Gary

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #44069
Ok Everyone, start sifting through your (quite old) OK and HELLO magazines and gen-up on Societies movers and groovers!!!

Not the typical Techno question this time, no "special double-ended Sprangle braket with 1.5 anti-rotation twist" answers!!!

These are not from a book that which I am the owner of the only copy...........

Just who are the Celeb Owners, I have started you off very easily with a car you should probably recognise, but what about the others.......... :broon:

1. Rumour has it she was given her MGF to promote and boost Sales. No longer the owner of this famous Green N Reg MGF, she may still have an older TF which was her Fathers.

2. This Actress would have suited the image of her MGF as Corries Hair Dresser. After Her characters demise she was back promoting the Cool Blue SE.

3. To Put it Simply he owned a several MGF’s, not sure if any were Red though?

4. This World record breaker broke the sound barrier and achieved 763mph, not in his silver MGF, that would need a whole lot more Thrust……….

5. One certain 1997 N reg Amarenth MGF had two celebrity owners – How Posh. The owner I am looking for hadn’t been over the Brooklyn bridge and certainly didn’t know what she really, really wanted. Can you find out who she sold it too?

6. This ex Red cap bought a Silver MG TF, it was probably far to interesting for Ian Beale though.

7. Would you say the new TF is a good impression of the 02-05 T? Is that George W. Bush, it sounds like him, no wait it’s Tony Blair, No, Ozzy Osbourne I wonder what was going through his mind when the tyre blew and he hit the central reservation sending the car spinning across the carriageway, afterwards it was a “Dead Ringer” of a Write off.

Last Edit:12 years 6 months ago by Gadget2466
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Gadget2466.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, rog1963

Replied by rog1963 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 6 months ago #44081
Stuck on No 7.
by rog1963
Time to create page: 0.667 seconds