• Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #31966
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

We have a winner !

I'll let Bryan give us all the details.

Mr Forgetful tradition dictates that you now set our next challenge. It can be a place, a part, a car or a person, which has an MG link.
by PQD44
The topic has been locked.

Replied by Mr Forgetful on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #31992
I hope this provides the sort of challenge you enjoy - after all, owning an F or TF is only for the challenged??

IT’S NAME, IN PART, COULD INDICATE A FOREST AND ANCIENT ORIGIN. IT’S USE THOUGH IS STILL CURRENT DESPITE TALKS OF GLOBAL WARMING AND GREEN ENERGY. LEST YOU THINK OTHERWISE IT COULD BE FOUND ALTHOUGH NOT EASILY WITHIN REACH OF ALL AS MENTIONED ABOVE!!?? B)

I may be old but I’m not senile:-
It’s just that I can’t remember whether it’s Alzheimer’s or Amnesia

The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #31997
I wonder if I have been a little too obtuse? I think more of a clue(s) may be appropriate. :evil:

The article is a part - it consists of two words.

As a helpful gesture, you might associate the first word with a summer activity – well using it in a summer activity to be more precise.

As to the second word, part of the above mentioned activity may require one of the these although it would not be the same as the one in the question.

Needless to say an F'er will need it as much as a TF'er. :bust:

The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44
  • PQD44
  • PQD44's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #31999
This is what we like to see a bit of variety :blink:

a little obtuse :nonod: I would have called you something else :bust:

I like pictures, so this may take me a while :dry: I've only read it once, I think I need to have a look again :unsure:

There is an MG link or just a 'car' link ?
by PQD44

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #32001
Oh most definitely an MG link (as mentioned above re F'ers AND TF'ers) although "heritage" through to Land Rover as well as Rover It also has other car links especially as "it" has connections!! ?? Even more obscure/obtuse :-?

Last Edit:12 years 7 months ago by Mr Forgetful
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Mr Forgetful. Reason: Additional information
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #32008
This is not good – no banter and guesses. I need to try and “draw” you in.

Where have all you “bright sparks” gone and how many more clues needed!!

These themselves are, in part, further ones !!

I’m off to golf so will check back later and, if necessary, try something more pictorial? :rant:

Last Edit:12 years 7 months ago by Mr Forgetful
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Mr Forgetful. Reason: Spelling
  • psymon
  • psymon's Avatar Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

Replied by psymon on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #32009
Its certainly got me thinking hard. :ohmy:
by psymon

Replied by John Newey on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #32017
Hi there, I'm new on here, but MG mad! Now then, is there a prize for catching Brian out on something :)? The MG SV-R referred to much earlier in this thread was not Luffields car-there's is Dusty Blue in colour with polished carbon fibre side gills. The car sold was a silver LHD model and made a handsome price! Oh and I don't know the answer to the current question either :)!

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #32019
:welcome2:

Ah, we all like to try tripping Bryan up, ;) No prize other than seeing Bryan's reaction. :bust:

You can, however, become a contestant in the Christmas competition. Simply put another 9 posts on the forum by Christmas Eve and you go into the 'hat'. :yesnod:

David
:shrug:

Replied by John Newey on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #32026
There were 3 MG SV-R's at the MG Heritage event at Windsor in 2009, Luffields Dusty Blue SV-R, Ex John Towers Silver SV-R Auto and my Ex Rowan Atkinson Racing Green SV-R. I did meet Brian at the event and a superb job he did of sorting the running order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #32036

Mr Forgetful wrote: Can I enter please. pretty pretty please. It's one of the original F's given as a Press Car.

:woohoo: :omg: :woohoo: :omg: :woohoo: :omg: :woohoo:

Congratulations, you are absolutely correct in you answer. :thumbsup:

There were other answers to the question that would have also be acceptable.

This MGF was one of the 98 original pre-production prototype specification cars that were made at Longbridge in the early months of 1995. 30 of these cars were given registrations N801 SVC to N830 SVC in early August 1995, a month before the first MGF rolled off the CAB2 production line, and were used as Press and Display Cars. N807 SVC has the VIN SARRDWBGBAD000089 and is described as “not necessarily to Production Standard” - The colour is Amaranth (KMN)
This car was used as a press car and has featured in many publications, both in the lead up to and following the launch of the MGF, including a full road test in MG World, by the then Editor Phil Raby. More recently in July 2009, it featured in a fifteen page article in Classic and Sports Car Magazine.
It was originally purchased direct from MG Cars in Longbridge in May 1998 and the present owner acquired the car in March 2009 to add to his vast collection of MGs. It is taxed and insured and in regular use. The owner is Regional Secretary of the South East Region of the MG Car Club, Chairman of the Austin Healey Owners Club and a member of Epsom Area MG Owners Club.
The Flame Red hard top was added because of the Fs previous links with the MG Car Club d’Italia (MG Car Club of Italy) this is written under the MG badge on the boot lid .
It would appear that 50% of the thirty cars registered have been lost forever as only 15 can still be traced. N807 SVC is one of six currently taxed.
:coat:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, Dieter, Tsleight

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #32037

John Newey wrote: There were 3 MG SV-R's at the MG Heritage event at Windsor in 2009, Luffields Dusty Blue SV-R, Ex John Towers Silver SV-R Auto and my Ex Rowan Atkinson Racing Green SV-R. I did meet Brian at the event and a superb job he did of sorting the running order.

Hello John and welcome to the T Bar Forum :woohoo: thank you for your kind words about Windsor, i was not alone, there were 35 of us from Epsom MGOC doing the marshalling, it was a great day and wont ever be forgotten :nonod:
It is good to have you on board and i will now have to watch what i post because you have far more information about MGs than i will ever have (but i always stand down when corrected, just to amused David & Paul)

When i get another turn at the Quiz i was going to ask where the first MGTF LE500 went to???? ~ but that one is blown out of the water now :rant:
Time to create page: 0.661 seconds