MG Quiz

Replied by John Newey on topic Aw: Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #33483
Ooh, my turn! Thanks Ted-I wasn't happy with the Roman connection, but was pretty sure about the rest. Good thing is-I'm learning about MG AND it's fun too! I'll see what I can come up with. Be back soon! Oh and anyone know why my forum keeps coming up in German?
The topic has been locked.
  • psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

Replied by psymon on topic MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #33486
odd, try clicking the english flag at the top left of the site. the site auto changes the language based on where your browser thinks your are.
Last Edit:12 years 9 months ago by psymon
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by psymon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Newey

Replied by John Newey on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #33489
Let's try this question-see how you fair :)? I'm in to MG V8's as you all well know. It's well documented that there were 883 MG ZT and Rover 75 V8's built, BUT were there? Please research and elaborate?
  • PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #33492
:P After all the research I did in to your last V8 question I think I'd better keep shtum on this one.

As you like V8's so much I'm surprised you haven't squeezed one in your F yet, you must have the odd one lying around :silly:
by PQD44

Replied by Tsleight on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #33493

John Newey wrote: Let's try this question-see how you fair :)? I'm in to MG V8's as you all well know. It's well documented that there were 883 MG ZT and Rover 75 V8's built, BUT were there? Please research and elaborate?

Nasty question! All i can find says 883, however several had duplicate VIN eg: 007 had both LH and RH drive versions... But supposedly the 883 takes this into account...

[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Replied by Mr Forgetful on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #33544
I'm getting "bog eyed" and why am I not suprised by the number of "clubs" John belongs to? (Two-sixties is another I have found).

I am still looking but I suspect this little :rant: is beyond my powers

I may be old but I’m not senile:-
It’s just that I can’t remember whether it’s Alzheimer’s or Amnesia

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #33581
The only other thing I can find is mention of a couple more V8 prototypes that were never completed into production before going bust. These were going to be the higher power Xpower 385 version.

Replied by John Newey on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #33631
Sorry it's taken so long to come back...works dinner and out all day today. Tsleight...You're right....sort of! 883 is the total MG ZT and Rover 75 V8 listed as being built, however, chassis number 007 has a LH Drive sequel that resides in Spain, also chassis number 007 (strange but true!). It's referred to as chassis number 007b. That one makes 884! Over to you Tsleight-very impressed!

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #33641
Argh! Wasn't expecting that to be the full answer! So, a new question...

What is the relationship between a race track and an MGF model? :blink:

Replied by Mr Forgetful on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #33642
Do you mean one of those pretty lady models (Not Sophie Ellis-Bextor) called Charlotte and Florence - if so Charlotte OR Florence Speedway (Both US of A)

However, I suspect not so, Phoenix like, Phoenix International might also be a no no!! :woohoo: I'll carry on :coat:

It's not something totally off the wall like Abingdon (F) and Abingdon - Dalton Barracks?

I may be old but I’m not senile:-
It’s just that I can’t remember whether it’s Alzheimer’s or Amnesia

Last Edit:12 years 9 months ago by Mr Forgetful
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Mr Forgetful. Reason: Add info

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #33644

Mr Forgetful wrote: Do you mean one of those pretty lady models (Not Sophie Ellis-Bextor) called Charlotte and Florence - if so Charlotte OR Florence Speedway (Both US of A)

However, I suspect not so, Phoenix like, Phoenix International might also be a no no!! :woohoo: I'll carry on :coat:

It's not something totally off the wall like Abingdon (F) and Abingdon - Dalton Barracks?

Its not off the wall, but it is a rare model!

Replied by andy1970h on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #33744

Tsleight wrote: Argh! Wasn't expecting that to be the full answer! So, a new question...

What is the relationship between a race track and an MGF model? :blink:

Is it that the Abingdon LE came in Brooklands Green?

Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Time to create page: 0.789 seconds