WHEELS

WHEELS was created by digcot65

Posted 1 month 1 week ago #207919
Morning, almost finished spraying the body and wheels are next .Mine have been scrubbed  a bit and need restoring.Has anyone tried a different colour on the wheel,rather than silver .Be interesting to see a car with black of body colour wheels ,but I dont want to go down that route util I see one done .Bodywork has been a real labour of love,since I bought the car to have something to do ,so having to go back over a job to get it right hasnt thrown me . I can see ,why a garage will quote thousands of pounds for a classic car resto. There is no rush to finish the car ,since due to age and an accident where we were wired off the M6 by a lorry whos driver couldnt see us ,my insurance has rocketed .This is because the guilty party hasnt paid my insurance for the damaged caused,so its being treated as my fault.Since it could take ages to settle I can see me selling the car ,once completed as Im not willing to pay over £ 900 + for a years classic car ins.Len

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Notanumber on topic WHEELS

Posted 1 month 1 week ago #207920
Do you have a normal policy in place for your everyday car Len or has that expired ?

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Replied by digcot65 on topic WHEELS

Posted 1 month 1 week ago #207929
Hello yes I have a normal policy,for my Toyota car ,with LV Ins.This has gone up from £600 to over £900 because the insurance,of the company who`s lorry caused the accident haven`t paid my ins at the time ,for the damage caused .So according to the companies I tried this year,the case is still open and listed as my fault Len

Replied by MGB281 on topic WHEELS

Posted 1 month 1 week ago #207948
I have grey wheels on our TF by accident! I left the wheels at a local  powder coaterwhile we went on holiday asking for them to be coated in graphite. When I collected them they were very well wrapped to protect against damage, I took them to the tyre fitter still with the protection on. When I collected the wheels they were battle ship grey not graphite. The powder coating company refuses to re coat them because I took them away and didn’t complain at the time. My wife hates the grey but while it wouldn’t be my choice of colour it doesn’t look too bad. The compromise at the moment is two grey wheels on the offside and two silver wheels on the near side. I will post a photo of the wheels tomorrow if I remember. 
by MGB281

Replied by Cobber on topic WHEELS

Posted 1 month 1 week ago #207950
There was an ex-member here quite some time ago, they had hot fluro pink wheels on a bright metallic blue F...... the result looked a lot better than it sounds, IMHO they unfortunatly over did it by splashing a load of other pink shit all over the car, had they stopped at the wheels it would've looked good.
Te colour of the wheels would depend on the colour of the car some cars in darker hues would look good with gold wheels, others like silver cars might look good with a deep metallic red or perhaps BRG on the wheels. It would also depend on the wheel style. adding a second contrasting colour to the palette should be done with care as a little can go a long way.
Be adventurous and brave.
My car being Volcano metallic orange is going to be difficult as the colour is already a bit outrageous so maybe a metallic gunmetal grey would be the go, I think it would make the car look a bit more dudely as it looks a bit girly with silver sparkle wheels.
I think a white car would look better with letter box red wheels, to eliminate the inherent blandness of white on a car with such a rounded soft shape.

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

by Cobber
The following user(s) said Thank You: digcot65

Replied by digcot65 on topic WHEELS

Posted 1 month 6 days ago #207951
I pulled trigger but the bullet was a blank

Replied by Hans on topic WHEELS

Posted 3 weeks 4 days ago #208102
Hey there. Greetings from Holland. Just bought a MGTF 2002, black, with 16 inch wheels. Can someone help me find a sparewheel??? 
Last Edit:3 weeks 3 days ago by Hans
Last edit: 3 weeks 3 days ago by David Aiketgate. Reason: Added pic

Replied by Notanumber on topic WHEELS

Posted 3 weeks 4 days ago #208103
Greetings. You could contact Darren at Mgfntfbitz as he has many good secondhand parts including wheels. Send him an email with that photo so that the wheel can be matched. I have the same type of wheel on my 135 Sunstorm.

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Replied by Devinci on topic WHEELS

Posted 3 weeks 1 day ago #208142
Hans,

Neem even contact op met Cowa Carparts in Herkenbosch , die kunnen je wel helpen.

Hans,

You can contact Cowa Carparts in Herkenbosch , they can help you.
by Devinci

Posted 3 weeks 1 day ago #208143

Candy Copper on a TahitiBlue F , Team Dynamics Motorsport  17Inch
Last Edit:3 weeks 1 day ago by Devinci
Last edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by Devinci.

Replied by Airportable on topic WHEELS

Posted 3 weeks 1 day ago #208148
  Black on a Tahiti Blue f. Team Dynamics Motorsport 17inch.
MG logos still in the post!
M

Posted 2 weeks 4 days ago #208198
SWEET !
by Devinci

Time to create page: 0.666 seconds