MG Quiz

Replied by Mr Forgetful on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32850
No Psymon - it's MG although some "little people" sounding members of the same "family" tree did the same journey.

OK as to where (in the World) - the great, great, great uncle bit - what could be the nickname? The surname - we had a lady who won gold at in the 2004 Olympics and was made a Dame - her christian name. So this should give you a clue as to where. a certain country :whistle:

HOWEVER - the year when he died - was INCORRECT - yes INCORRECT - sorry, the records about him are somewhat less than clear - or I was drunk!! He died in 1880 - there a specific clue. :sick:

This should give you a Where (in the World - not specifically in the country). Then take the clue in the first part as to where in the country - A rifle “seemingly” part of the UK but maybe not – in more ways than one :nonod:

This should provide exactly where and, if looked at carefully - I mean CAREFULLY also a what.

Enough, I've just got in, coffee and sustinence are needed - I'll return in a while. :coat:

I may be old but I’m not senile:-
It’s just that I can’t remember whether it’s Alzheimer’s or Amnesia

Last Edit:12 years 10 months ago by Mr Forgetful
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Mr Forgetful. Reason: Excitement - only joking - won't let me
The topic has been locked.

Replied by John Newey on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32851
WOW-and some thought mine was difficult :)!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping
  • PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32852

Mr Forgetful wrote: .............coffee and sustenance are needed

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz Eh what :pinch: I don't even understand the question anymore :-?

Mr Forgetful you're too right, a large coffee and plenty of sustenance required before l contemplate looking through that again.

This is supposed to be a bit of fun not the Spanish Inquisition :lol:

As for you John, well you have no room to talk :bust:
by PQD44

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32854
I find all your picture ones really difficult too. Do you want any more clues or just the answer with reasoning.

A
Opera House
Flat packed :evil:

And those are three clues - spaces between them - this ********** thing won't let me - there I've "re-paragraphed them"

Last Edit:12 years 10 months ago by Mr Forgetful
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Mr Forgetful. Reason: Edit

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32856
MGB-Australia-flat pack-approx 9000?

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32858
Norma Anne (Sykes) or "Sabrina" as she was known is what the US affectionately called the rubber bumpered MGB's in reference to the "BIG up top" Norma Anne!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young
  • PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32859
Well done John, sounds good to me, but then again what do I know :silly:
by PQD44

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32860
John

It's nearly there the answer was

Built not by robots CKD (Completely knocked down) ALSO by Pressed Metal Corporation NOT main BMC plant at Joynton Avenue, Zetland, Sydney.

Before Norma Anne - Norma Anne Sykes aka Sabrina – aka before MGB black bumpers – i.e. MGA (I know the chrome bumpers preceded it but I said BEFORE not just before)

and in total evolution terms, nearer the end than the beginning. Considering the history of MG and various models the MGA is nearer the end than the beginning in both model numbers and years.

But, what and where, how and how many.

A clue or two
A, rifle make, “seemingly” part of the UK but maybe not – in more ways than one

A - MGA a clue itself, Rifle – lee ENFIELD, “seemingly part of UK etc” – Cosgrove (a village on the Grand Canal) - So Cosgrove Road, Enfield, Sydney.

Then the latter clues as to well if it was your great, great, great uncle Edward/Edmund/Edgar/Edwin ?? then he died about 145 years ago. Now that makes it easy (well easier><) to perhaps determine the "where" ??
And
No Psymon -. OK as to where (in the World) - the great, great, great uncle bit - what could be the nickname? The surname - we had a lady who won gold at in the 2004 Olympics and was made a Dame - her christian name. So this should give you a clue as to where. a certain country

NED KELLY – AUSTRALIA - ALSO it's MG although some "little people" sounding members of the same "family" tree did the same journey – Austin Healey Sprites were also shipped out CKD and being of the Spridget BMC connection?

And finally
A
Opera House
Flat packed

A – MGA (again) Opera House (many to choose from I know but probably one of the most famous SYDNEY) Flat Packed – CKD again

The Number of MGA’s - Approx 2000 although I am sure somebody, far, far cleverer than I on here will find an exact number with Vin Reg etc.

Sorry, I won’t do any more. I may watch, learn listen and get confused. By By for now :coat:

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32861
To do more, you have to get another one right? Not sure what happens now? (HELP?:)!) My answer was a good one-just not the right one :)!! Seemed good when I researched it! All I know is I enjoyed doing the research, I enjoyed finding out things I didn't know about MG and I enjoyed the challenge! So,please,please Mr Forgetful...Do another one?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Mr Forgetful

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32863
John - believe it or not I really enjoyed the research as well. :thumbsup:

Being in my 60's I'm retired reliving my youth with my "sun day and fun day" TF using it when it's dry (mainly) and when I want to remember what rattles, shakes and everything else that have been eliminated from my Toyota T Sport or Mazda 2 Sport are like!! :woohoo:

Anyway - I digress, you were nearly there, I think the rest of the audience had "dropped off" so I pass the baton over. I would think those still awake would be happy with that :broon:

I'll close all my refernce pages now ready for the next one!! I could never get the golden wheels and slave 1 - I got the transport for Galaar Shev'la as a Speedo. What do I know. :rant:

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32866
Ok, here goes. I'm going to do one with no numbers in it this time (so I don't cock up!). Apart from being protypes, what separates XP1,XP2,XP3 and XP4 from the others in the MG X-Power range?

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32878

John Newey wrote: Ok, here goes. I'm going to do one with no numbers in it this time (so I don't flange up!). Apart from being protypes, what separates XP1,XP2,XP3 and XP4 from the others in the MG X-Power range?

John, Yet another good question :-? I have learnt a lot more about MGs doing the research in trying to find the CORRECT answers, in fact, it is getting quite addictive :omg: I think this one will test Mr Forgetful's brain!!! mind you, his questions are devious.
I have found information, so far, for XP1, but nothing that seperates the other three prototype cars?? i will keep trying and "will be back" :broon:
Last Edit:12 years 10 months ago by bryan young
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by bryan young.
Time to create page: 0.678 seconds