MG Quiz

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32942
John does have a Day Job :yesnod: i am sure he will post a good question later :whistle:
The topic has been locked.

Replied by John Newey on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32946
Yeah, Brian's right-I have to work! (Gotta pay for those MG's somehow :)! I'll look into a new question-not sure it'll be a pictoral one, we'll see! Back soon!!

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32947

Going to ask a question with three parts to the answer-one is gonna be really hard :)!
1) What is this car?
2) What is it's registration number?
3) What is strange about the wheels and tyres?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young
  • PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32948
:rant: Look what you made me do now. :bust:

Needing to get a research MG Quiz fix I came up with these related facts;

1) The Quiz started 6 weeks ago

2) The person to correctly answer the first ever question in the quiz was ........ Leigh Ping B)

3) The quiz was originally titled, Guess Where It Is. On 15 Nov 2011 David Aiketgate renamed the thread MG Quiz, to reflect the evolving nature of the quiz. :yesnod:
BTW David then posted a photo of a building and asked Guess Where It Is :nonod: ..... :lol: (see page 55).

4) There have been 14 winners in the quiz to date;

5) Bryan Young gets the special MQ Quiz award; Control under Pressure for not prematurely ejecting the correct answer to many questions straight on to the page, hence giving others pleasure in the extended question run. :thumbsup:

6) If your name is not on the list then you only imagined you were first in with the correct answer or you need to log in more often and get your name in the MG Quiz Hall of Fame.

Ooooops whilst I was distracted John posted a question, see the post above this - Good Luck everyone :broon:
Last Edit:12 years 9 months ago by PQD44
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by PQD44.

Replied by andy1970h on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32949
OK So I'll answer the easy one that it's an MG XPower SV-R
Is it the orange one that has the reg MG54SVR?
And as for the wheels and tyres, no idea

Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

• PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32950
I think you are well on your way to a second win andy

I reckon you're correct a RHD MG SV-R in Orange Fire, belonging to Gary Lake.

The wheels look different in this picture to the ones shown in the picture posted by John?

I like you am a bit mystified as to the significance of the wheels and tyres.

I think the original tyres would be Pilot Sport, Michelin's Max Performance Summer tyre developed for ultra high performance cars. The ones in the photo I posted do look like them.

All I can think of regarding the tyres that is significant right now is that the Pilot Sport is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

As for the wheels I would imagine that they are some ultra lightweight wheels made of some very expensive alloy, the name of which is only known by three people in the world, one of whom is John :silly:
Last Edit:12 years 9 months ago by PQD44
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by PQD44.

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32954
Yeah, the wheels are made of Cryptonite :)! Nah,not really! Well, you've got the reg number right, as for the model, think I'm gonna have to give you that, but to be specific, it's a 2005 model MG SV-R. As for the wheels? I think I'm gonna have delete that part of the question, because I don't think it appears anywhere on the worldwide interweb and so I don't know how you could find the answer!
MG Sport & Racing were going to offer these 20" 6 spoke OZ alloys in 2005, but after extensive research, it appears that these size wheels and tyres won't actually fit a MG SV-R and so the picture must be clever use of photoshop!! Over to you.

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32955
A bit more investigation and it looks like they're OZ Racing wheels so I'm going to guess it's some esoteric rubber or was this the car they did the testing on to see which tyres were the best to fit?

Oh the joys of taking too long to type a reply :)

I've just got to do some Dad stuff for a while but will be back later with a question.

Last Edit:12 years 9 months ago by andy1970h
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by andy1970h.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, John Newey

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32957
That is a great chart, hope you are going to keep it updated, :woohoo: :omg:

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32965

andy1970h wrote: A bit more investigation and it looks like they're OZ Racing wheels so I'm going to guess it's some esoteric rubber or was this the car they did the testing on to see which tyres were the best to fit?

Oh the joys of taking too long to type a reply :)

I've just got to do some Dad stuff for a while but will be back later with a question.

I am getting withdrawal symptons :silly: :silly: waiting for the next question :bust:

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32966
OK This should be an easy one but what's the connection between this ill-fated aircraft and MGs?

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32969
BAe Systems purchased the Rover group in 1988 when it was being disposed of by the Government. The ill fated Nimrod MR2 pictured above was developed by BAe systems and scrapped in March 2011 ~ Is that the link ????
Last Edit:12 years 9 months ago by bryan young
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by PQD44. Reason: Unneeded quote removed
Time to create page: 0.690 seconds