MG Quiz

Replied by Mr Forgetful on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32880
And, moreover, the MG SV club is much less accommodating that the T Bar or MG.Org. No info unless you join - and no I'm not going to. Still at it - John - wouldn't have anything to do with the fact you have a MG X Power SV would it (huuuuge grin :woohoo: followed by :omg: followed by wish I could have one :nonod:

I may be old but I’m not senile:-
It’s just that I can’t remember whether it’s Alzheimer’s or Amnesia

The topic has been locked.

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 10 months ago #32886

Mr Forgetful wrote: And, moreover, the MG SV club is much less accommodating that the T Bar or MG.Org. No info unless you join - and no I'm not going to. Still at it - John - wouldn't have anything to do with the fact you have a MG X Power SV would it (huuuuge grin :woohoo: followed by :omg: followed by wish I could have one :nonod:

You must have been looking in the wrong place :rant: i got a lot of information, without joining either, but not the exact details that John wants to see :bust: there is something unique about these first four cars :yesnod:

Replied by Tsleight on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32893

bryan young wrote:

Mr Forgetful wrote: And, moreover, the MG SV club is much less accommodating that the T Bar or MG.Org. No info unless you join - and no I'm not going to. Still at it - John - wouldn't have anything to do with the fact you have a MG X Power SV would it (huuuuge grin :woohoo: followed by :omg: followed by wish I could have one :nonod:

You must have been looking in the wrong place :rant: i got a lot of information, without joining either, but not the exact details that John wants to see :bust: there is something unique about these first four cars :yesnod:

They are actually Corgi 1/72 models, not life size??? :silly:

[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32896
Not at http://mgsv-club.org.uk/forums/index.php - well I can't. I must have a "shifty" look about me - wait 'till they see me dressed up as Dame Edna for the Golf Club day on Saturday. Anyway - I digress, is the answer :-?

The chassis no for XP1 - XP4 was XP1 - XP4 and that the remainder where chassis no 101 - 161 (RHD) and 601 - 625 (LHD) :woohoo:

I'm rather hoping (as is the rest of the forum) that I'm not right :nonod:

The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young
  • PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32897
Well spotted, I hope you are correct. It's amazing how many times there are several perfectly feasible 'correct' answers to what would, at first sight, appear to be an obscure question.

This is, as a few of us have found out, a way for you to blurt out things which could be your next question :lol:
Last Edit:12 years 9 months ago by PQD44
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by PQD44.

Replied by John Newey on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32902
Well, I'd love to say you are right, but you're wrong :)! There is something specific that sets these four cars apart from all other MG X-Power SV's! Oh and yes it is sort of addictive-probably the most fun I've had on a forum!

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32903
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm http://www.mgsv-club.com/SVBuildlist.htm

Goody that means someone else hets the privilige!!

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32906
Ok next guestimate - Chassis Nos 101 to 150 were model year 2004 and 151 < model year 2005.

XP1 to XP4 were registered in model year 2002/2003.

It's all right for you John - you've got one some of us have only dreams!!!! :rant:

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32909

John Newey wrote: Well, I'd love to say you are right, but you're wrong :)! There is something specific that sets these four cars apart from all other MG X-Power SV's! Oh and yes it is sort of addictive-probably the most fun I've had on a forum!

Yes, it is great fun, certainly gets the brain working :yesnod: :whistle:

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32910

Mr Forgetful wrote: Ok next guestimate - Chassis Nos 101 to 150 were model year 2004 and 151 < model year 2005.

XP1 to XP4 were registered in model year 2002/2003.

It's all right for you John - you've got one some of us have only dreams!!!! :rant:

Chassis number 136, and a special car too, with loads of history, something to do with Mr Bean and EVO!!! :omg:

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32911

John Newey wrote: Ok, here goes. I'm going to do one with no numbers in it this time (so I don't flange up!). Apart from being protypes, what separates XP1,XP2,XP3 and XP4 from the others in the MG X-Power range?

The four were all Left Hand Drive ?????????

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32912
Oh that one - the one called back by the Administrators from Rowan Atkinson - yes, sad as it sounds, I've been trying to find an answer, reading everything, was sure (and according to the web site - I'm correct about the chassis no) still, I'm going to let a "clever clogs" get this one as I have to go and do my Village Idiot bit for a while. Toodle-pip

Time to create page: 0.694 seconds