MG Quiz

Replied by Mr Forgetful on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32913
The 4 prototypes XP1 - XP4 had windscreen wipers for a left handed car but were right hand drive :silly:

I may be old but I’m not senile:-
It’s just that I can’t remember whether it’s Alzheimer’s or Amnesia

The topic has been locked.

Replied by John Newey on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32915
No, no and no :)! The Rowan Atkinson car is indeed VIN 130136 and is the one you see on the picture to the left! Rowan collected it in person from MG Sport & Racing in January 2005 and did 4753 miles in it, reporting on what he found in three issues of evo magazine in 2005. The answer to this question is a lot simpler in composition than you all think :)! Keep looking!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young
  • PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32916
The prototypes were not built with carbon fibre body panels like the XPower SV?
by PQD44

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32918
Yahoo!! We have a winner!!! The prototypes were all built from fibre glass and not carbon fibre composite as the production cars. In fact XP1 was painted matt black by David Price of DPR Racing with a tin of B&Q paint and a brush in around a hour! Maybe the first Matt finish car? Ok-your turn PQD44
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Tsleight

Replied by Tsleight on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32920

John Newey wrote: Yahoo!! We have a winner!!! The prototypes were all built from fibre glass and not carbon fibre composite as the production cars. In fact XP1 was painted matt black by David Price of DPR Racing with a tin of B&Q paint and a brush in around a hour! Maybe the first Matt finish car? Ok-your turn PQD44

That was a very interesting answer! Thank you.

[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32924
I know, I know – but I had this message from Paul

Ted,
Would you set a question I'm away from computer on phone to send this.
Cheers
Paul
:ohmy:

Sooooooooooooo:-

Although he didn’t say it, he implied that I must not, under pain of excommunication from the Forum, “do a cryptic” so I hope this is suitable? :sick:

Clue:-
The answer has connections with Birmingham, Norfolk, Manchester and London

The owner of EBY 776J also had a vehicle owned not once but twice!!

Who, when, how and what was it? A brief potted history would be good!! :evil:

And NO it is not Elizabeth Taylor :bust:

The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, PQD44

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32931
Prince Charles owned this Aston Martin Volante EBJ 776J, but also had a MGC GT Reg. No. SGY 776F in 1969. It was then used by The Queens head chauffeur and later put into the Sandringham Collection in Norfolk and eventually restored by students at Manchester University and presented back to HRH The Prince of Wales in 1999. The car was at Windsor for the 2009 MG Heritage event that Brian marshalled. How's that look?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Forgetful

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32933

John Newey wrote: Prince Charles owned this Aston Martin Volante EBJ 776J, but also had a MGC GT Reg. No. SGY 776F in 1969. It was then used by The Queens head chauffeur and later put into the Sandringham Collection in Norfolk and eventually restored by students at Manchester University and presented back to HRH The Prince of Wales in 1999. The car was at Windsor for the 2009 MG Heritage event that Brian marshalled. How's that look?

Well done, i think you got that quite correct :woohoo: but it is up to Mr Forgetful to confirm.

The MGC GT was not on the parade at Windsor, it was on display on the Frogmore parade ground. :thumbsup:

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32934
Thank you, thank you, thank you - I can go to bed before you set a new one that keeps me awake all night and means I shall be tired and not win at golf tomorrow - thus costing me money - sorry, that should read presitge - I am an amateur!!!! You obviously find the same references as I do? Paul will be pleased that this was not a marathon.

Happy days - well Nights. I'm off for a noggin and read the paper in case any refernces for MG are in there.

This is getting worse than University Challenge - more like "You are the weakest link - Goddbye"

- John - it's all yours.

Judging from my spelling I've already had a noggin!!

Last Edit:12 years 9 months ago by Mr Forgetful
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Mr Forgetful. Reason: Additional comment

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32936

Mr Forgetful wrote: Thank you, thank you, thank you - I can go to bed before you set a new one that keeps me awake all night and means I shall be tired and not win at golf tomorrow - thus costing me money - sorry, that should read presitge - I am an amateur!!!! You obviously find the same references as I do? Paul will be pleased that this was not a marathon.

Happy days - well Nights. I'm off for a noggin and read the paper in case any refernces for MG are in there.

This is getting worse than University Challenge - more like "You are the weakest link - Goddbye"

- John - it's all yours.

Judging from my spelling I've already had a noggin!!

Or two or three ? :oops: :bust:

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32937
John, i think we want a picture one this time, it is easier on the brain, you are very clever at getting the last one :thumbsup: i now remember where i saw the Aston Martin numberplate! :rant:
  • PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 9 months ago #32941

Mr Forgetful wrote: I know, I know – but I had this message from Paul

Ted,
Would you set a question I'm away from computer on phone to send this.
Cheers
Paul
:ohmy:

Sooooooooooooo:-

Although he didn’t say it, he implied that I must not, under pain of excommunication from the Forum, “do a cryptic” so I hope this is suitable? :sick:

Cheers Ted,

Thanks for that, it was a good one. John is sure firing on all cylinders at the moment. Well almost :rant: ......

There was I making sure that even when unavailable you MG Quiz addicts would have a question to get your teeth in to and look at this I log on 10 hours later to met by ........ nothing, where's the question.....John,...... JOHN..... JOooooooooohnnnnN :silly:
Last Edit:12 years 9 months ago by PQD44
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by PQD44.
Time to create page: 0.741 seconds