WHEEL NUTS

Replied by digcot65 on topic WHEEL NUTS

Posted 4 weeks 1 hour ago #207006
n
No photo on last post
Last Edit:3 weeks 6 days ago by digcot65
Last edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted pic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by MGB281 on topic WHEEL NUTS

Posted 3 weeks 6 days ago #207017
I haven’t had a locking nut break up like that but many time when removing wheels I have had the same gorilla previously fit them. I have had to resort to breaker bars with three feet of pipe to loosen some. Are tyre fitters not educated anymore? Or are they just dragged out of some talentless pool that seems to supply everyone?

I also gave up on McGard locking wheel nuts after this particularly painful episode.

After a visit to a tyre shop where apparently a silverback gorilla had tightened my wheel nuts up, I was unaware of impending disaster.
Trying to remove one of the McGard lockers I had to exert so much force that the keyway sheered off completely!:oops:
Now because I had gone for the super McGards with the spinning body I couldn't hammer on a multipoint socket so was left with drilling the damned thing off. Of course they are made of very hard material and this took some time even with cadmium coated drills.

Anyway, wanting to see my progress, I blew all the swarf out, but forgot to close my eyes.:slapme: Anyway after a trip to A&E they managed to succesfully remove the metal shaving imbedded in my eyeball.:omg:

Hence, locking wheel nuts binned!
by MGB281

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds