Dead battery following alarm/electrical oddities

Replied by Notanumber on topic Dead battery following alarm/electrical oddities

Posted 5 hours 52 minutes ago #208999
You are doing very well, dont knock yourself at all. You have asked, you listened, you have looked how to apply that knowledge and you have learned. That's how all of us on built up knowledge and confidence.

Well done for uncovering the boot hinge wiring problems. Unless you have already been to buy the cable I would suggest you order a metre of automotive wire in each required colour rather than general wire from a general DIY store. Wire made for automotive use is a bit more flexible which is quite important for the hinge area which is subject to vibration and movement. The insulation layer is thinner but more durable than ordinary knock about wire. It's also best to match the existing colours. Joint are best soldered and covered with heat shrink tubing

2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Airportable on topic Dead battery following alarm/electrical oddities

Posted 5 hours 9 minutes ago #209000
I shat amend my last line to accommodate our residents ‘strine
“You keep asking & the blokes on here, for sadly it is blokes, will endeavour to help”.
Is that better Cobb’s? Maybe we might encourage the ladies (blokeses) to rejoin.
We try to be inclusive.
M

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI

Replied by Cobber on topic Dead battery following alarm/electrical oddities

Posted 4 hours 50 minutes ago #209002
Blokettes  is much less clumsy to say

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

by Cobber

Replied by Airportable on topic Dead battery following alarm/electrical oddities

Posted 3 hours 59 minutes ago #209003
Blokettes is the diminutive form & might be considered exclusive to the more mature lady.
To satisfy those grammarians amongst us, we would need to ascertain the mean age of the hypothetical female contributor, (spanner jockey/ jockette/jockess)
Once verified we would have to consult the good bergers of the OED to adjudicate.
M

Replied by TA22GT on topic Dead battery following alarm/electrical oddities

Posted 3 hours 48 minutes ago #209004
@Airportable.....in a post above you said "you shat"...did you really shat in chat?
just asking...
by TA22GT

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI

Replied by Cobber on topic Dead battery following alarm/electrical oddities

Posted 3 hours 32 minutes ago #209006
Jockette is a brand of bloke's underpants here in Oz so probably best not to use that one for anything other than underpants!

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

by Cobber

Replied by sludge on topic Dead battery following alarm/electrical oddities

Posted 3 hours 9 minutes ago #209007

You are doing very well, dont knock yourself at all. You have asked, you listened, you have looked how to apply that knowledge and you have learned. That's how all of us on built up knowledge and confidence.

Well done for uncovering the boot hinge wiring problems. Unless you have already been to buy the cable I would suggest you order a metre of automotive wire in each required colour rather than general wire from a general DIY store. Wire made for automotive use is a bit more flexible which is quite important for the hinge area which is subject to vibration and movement. The insulation layer is thinner but more durable than ordinary knock about wire. It's also best to match the existing colours. Joint are best soldered and covered with heat shrink tubing

On my way to B&Q I thought about whether or not I should get automotive wire specifically. With needing to be mobile in the car this weekend if I can, I opted to get something cheap for now to give me a temporary fix (and to confirm that the broken loom is the cause), and then the specific automotive wire I've ordered should be here for me to replace it all during the week next week. 
by sludge

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds