MG Quiz

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38208
I had to read your answer twice "very interesting Mr Bond"! and i am still none the wiser :omg: :bang:
The topic has been locked.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38209
TC

David
:shrug:

Replied by Mr Forgetful on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38210

David Aiketgate wrote: TC

Sorry, you will be berated (despite your high orafice - sorry - office) for lack of "information overload" and capacity destruction technique B)

I may be old but I’m not senile:-
It’s just that I can’t remember whether it’s Alzheimer’s or Amnesia

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38211
It is the Alvis TD21 that is missing, made in 1958, then the TE21 (No MG TE's though) and the last of the Alvis ever to be made the TF21 (your picture and MrF's research) made in 1966 (over 100 made) :bang: Hope its not right, as i dont have a question lined up, or do i??????? (maybe a how many were made one :coat: )

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38214

bryan young wrote: It is the Alvis TD21 that is missing, made in 1958, then the TE21 (No MG TE's though) and the last of the Alvis ever to be made the TF21 (your picture and MrF's research) made in 1966 (over 100 made) :bang: Hope its not right, as i dont have a question lined up, or do i??????? (maybe a how many were made one :coat: )

Ah - but please elucidate - where do the other "items" come into the "frame" - what are they - what is the link between the aircraft and Rifleman Jones's bottom, the Alfa, Ferrari, Tony Curtis and a Toy car - we want information please and information OVERLOAD is better :bust:

Replied by Tsleight on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38215
All I could think was pairs of letters:
1. A4 Skyhawk = A
2. Searching for bombs = B
3. Alfa Giulietta = G
4. Ferrari F40 = F
5. E Type = E
6. Fiat 500 = F

Alvis TD

Would leave a C???

[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38217

Mr Forgetful wrote:

David Aiketgate wrote: TC

Sorry, you will be berated (despite your high orafice - sorry - office) for lack of "information overload" and capacity destruction technique B)

That's because it was a wild guess! :bust:

David

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38218
Knew i was wrong :-? :bust: i have no more idea than the "man in the moon" and he is not going to tell us :slapme: :bang: :bust:

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38219

bryan young wrote: Knew i was wrong :-? :bust: i have no more idea than the "man in the moon" and he is not going to tell us :slapme: :bang: :bust:

That's because he thinks you were "picky" - can we all go off for a few hours and read the paper until Paul condescends to put some coal in his computer, powers up and gives us some more (even more) convoluting clues? :coat:

The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38224

Mr Forgetful wrote:

bryan young wrote: Knew i was wrong :-? :bust: i have no more idea than the "man in the moon" and he is not going to tell us :slapme: :bang: :bust:

That's because he thinks you were "picky" - can we all go off for a few hours and read the paper until Paul condescends to put some coal in his computer, powers up and gives us some more (even more) convoluting clues? :coat:

NOW THEN, that is a good idea, see you later. :coat: :sick: didnt know that there were any coal fired ones left!!!
  • PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38242
:lol: :slapme: Ted your answer is brilliant, .........wrong, ............but none the less brilliant.

I don't set complicated questions :whistle: at least I didn't until Ted came along, so blame him :P

A couple of people came very close and as I have a mountain of work to get through and this addictive madhouse takes up more time than I can afford tonight, I will explain the answer and pass on the baton to the person who was nearest, in my opinion.

A quick reminder of the clues and the question;

PQD44 wrote: :-? Since I possibly got a sort of right answer to that last one here is your [strike]punishment[/strike] next challenge

Look at each of these pairs of photo's

========================================================================================

========================================================================================

Ask yourself, what do each of the pairs above have in common?

How do they relate to the one below?

Answer these and you'll know the answer to my question, which is simply which one is missing ?

Have fun

So to the answer

Douglas TA -4J Skyhawk
Territorial Army, serving in Iraq and most recently Afghanistan - The TA
=====================================
Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 TB
1990 Ferrari 348 TB
1965 Fiat Abarth1000 TC
Tony Curtis - initials TC
1963 Alvis TF 21

So the one missing, from the list of MG models - the MG TD

I think Ted's TF was a good start, I just wanted to see if his reasoning was correct :slapme: :nonod: :lol:

David put forward the TC, sooooo close.

Tsleight began to explain his logic regarding pairs of letters :yesnod: Eureka :woohoo: he's figured out I thought, but it all went pair shaped :nonod: a C, C a solitary C where's the pair in that?

That leaves us with Bryan,...... :slapme: Bryan, Bryan, Bryan :whistle: He mentioned a TD, but the wrong marquee and for the wrong reasons. Considering the need for the facts, more facts and demands for answers to questions simply never asked by the person setting the original :bang: he quite simply cannot gain the point. :nonod: I'm sure you understand Bryan :evil:

:hugs: So, following a discussion with my next door neighbours, it was decided that, for his honesty and because he is such nice bloke David was nearest and in the spirit of the old MG Quiz tradition, the man reasonably near the answer can have the win and we can move on to new pastures.

:woohoo: David your go :bust:
by PQD44
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red Devil

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38246
Oh joy :dry:
Hang on!

David

The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44