MG Quiz

Replied by Mr Forgetful on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38249
I goody not another question to set. ;)

But, but, but but the Fiat is a model toy car not a "proper" car if you are going into the Revell 1/18 die cast for clues http://www.alldiecast.co.uk/diecast_car.php?id=368 how are we EVER to get the answer. Are we going to be into Meccano and Airfix next? :-? BRIAN - where are you when the world needs you. :bang:

Oh and we have pairs - TA TB TC and then a TD with a TF :coat:

I may be old but I’m not senile:-
It’s just that I can’t remember whether it’s Alzheimer’s or Amnesia

Last Edit:12 years 8 months ago by Mr Forgetful
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Mr Forgetful.
The topic has been locked.

Replied by David Aiketgate on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38253
Easy-peasy for you guys!

What is it?
Where is it?
When is it?

David
:shrug:

Attachments:
  • PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Replied by PQD44 on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38255
:yesnod: None of this is real Ted, this is just a figment of your imagination brought on by wandering around exceptionally well kept fields in all weathers hitting a little ball with a stick so you can then try and find it, so you can hit it away again and again. Those are not the actions of a sane man, neither is this quiz. :lol:

As to your analysis of my question, after the pain and suffering you have inflicted on the poor innocent members of the T-Bar I think you need to reconsider your appraisal of the situation. :yesnod:

Where is David's question :whistle: I hate doing work and was looking forward to a little distraction :slapme:
by PQD44

Replied by John Newey on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38257
Just to try and clear up what's quickly spreading across the internet and known as "RV8gate" :)! Everyones right (sort of!). There were 1983 production MGR V8's and for a long time it was deemed to be 17 protypes. After much research by Chris Allan and George Wilder it is now reckoned that more prototypes were built. Total MGR V8 production was 2007, though it is believed that maybe 2013 vehicles were completed (some left un registered or destroyed). As for colours, Black 18, B/R Green 208, Caribbean Blue 19, Flame Red 16, Nightfire Red 152, White Gold 12, Le Mans Green 30, Old English White 5, Oxford Blue 259, Woodcote Green 1266, TOTAL 1983. Japan took no cars in Caribbean Blue, Flame Red, White Gold or Le Mans Green. It is reckoned that the massive Japanese content of Woodcote Green (63.8% of Total production and 79.4% of Japanese imports) was down to that being the colour shown at the Tokyo Motor Show in 1993 where Rover took around 1000 orders for the car. I know, cos I've got the book :)!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38258
Pay attention, Paul :nonod:

David

• PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38259
I do hope it is not one of those vintage racing in far off places that sound like a place in ...West Yorkshire :bang: I don't like that type :bust:

The Guinness book of Records was first published when, that's odd

Bloomin repeats
Last Edit:12 years 8 months ago by PQD44
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by PQD44.

Replied by Mr Forgetful on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38283
I'm getting tired and I still have the paper to read.

David - is it a 1935 MG Type R - (no 38 was driven by Doreen Evans - ex "Dancing Girl") in 1935 Brooklands Tourist Trophy
Race. No idea who drove it though as Eddie Hall drove a Magnette.

B****** why don't I just wait for the correct answer - I'm off :coat:

I may be old but I’m not senile:-
It’s just that I can’t remember whether it’s Alzheimer’s or Amnesia

Last Edit:12 years 8 months ago by Mr Forgetful
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Mr Forgetful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38285
Nope, but Paul clever clogs knows! :P

David

Replied by bryan young on topic Re: MG Quiz

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38298

John Newey wrote: Just to try and clear up what's quickly spreading across the internet and known as "RV8gate" :)! Everyones right (sort of!). There were 1983 production MGR V8's and for a long time it was deemed to be 17 protypes. After much research by Chris Allan and George Wilder it is now reckoned that more prototypes were built. Total MGR V8 production was 2007, though it is believed that maybe 2013 vehicles were completed (some left un registered or destroyed). As for colours, Black 18, B/R Green 208, Caribbean Blue 19, Flame Red 16, Nightfire Red 152, White Gold 12, Le Mans Green 30, Old English White 5, Oxford Blue 259, Woodcote Green 1266, TOTAL 1983. Japan took no cars in Caribbean Blue, Flame Red, White Gold or Le Mans Green. It is reckoned that the massive Japanese content of Woodcote Green (63.8% of Total production and 79.4% of Japanese imports) was down to that being the colour shown at the Tokyo Motor Show in 1993 where Rover took around 1000 orders for the car. I know, cos I've got the book :)!

John, thank you for finding this and posting the information from your book.I have copied it to my archive :woohoo:

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38299
Paul, i thought your answer was absolutely superb :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :bust: :woohoo: and with mega use of smileys David got it with just two letters :ohmy: :P

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38301

Mr Forgetful wrote: I'm getting tired and I still have the paper to read.

David - is it a 1935 MG Type R - (no 38 was driven by Doreen Evans - ex "Dancing Girl") in 1935 Brooklands Tourist Trophy
Race. No idea who drove it though as Eddie Hall drove a Magnette.

B****** why don't I just wait for the correct answer - I'm off :coat:

How can you answer the question thats not there :nonod: wait a minute, your answer covers all questions???? :slapme:

Where can i find the question OOOOOOOOh could it be page 165 ??????
  • PQD44
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer

Posted 12 years 8 months ago #38303

bryan young wrote: .... David got it with just two letters :ohmy: :P

Why? A return to the care free days of the MG Quiz, go back a month or more, when being kind to your fellow contestant was the order of the day and a supportive, friendly QI style approach was taken. A nurturing safe haven. Elitist gesturing :sick: is best left to the MGOC old boys brigade.

All T-Bar members, especially those new to the rich MG history, like myself, should feel confident when posting an answer, knowing that it will not be nit-picked but appreciated for the effort that went in to finding an answer in good faith. I relish those questions which immerse you in some little known story. When extra information is put forward it is wonderful to be able to learn a little more, especially when it dispels some general ignorance which can, as we have noted many times, so easily proliferate on the www.

Back to the most important thing at the moment, David's new question from the foot of the previous page

David Aiketgate wrote: Easy-peasy for you guys!

What is it?
Where is it?
When is it?

The landscape gives you quite a few clues, plus there are a few more in my post above. Refer to this one
Last Edit:12 years 8 months ago by PQD44
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by PQD44. Reason: Clarification
Time to create page: 0.711 seconds